Before jumping to the real joy of having a rooted android device, you probably need to know first who your device is and what it can do. Here is the Rokchip RK30XX series specification.
- TDual core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU core.The RK3066 is a high performance Cortex A9 Dual Core mobile processor Similar to the Samsung Exynos 4 Dual Core chip. In terms of performance, the RK3066 is between the Samsung Exynos 4210 and the Samsung Exynos 4212.
- 40 nm
- Dual-core Cortex-A9 processor (ARMv7 architecture) clocked up to 1.6 GHz
- NEON SIMD support
- Quad-core Mali 400, clocked at 250 MHz supporting Open GL ES 2.0, Open VG 1.1 support
- VPU (Video Processing Unit) Multi-Media Processor supporting 1080p image and video decoding
- DDR, DDR2, DDR3 support, up to 2 GB
- HDMI 1.4 Interface
- 2-channels interface TFT LCD with 5 layers and 3D Display (1920 × 1080 Maximum Display Size)
- USB 2.0 Interface
- SD / MMC Interface
List of tablets with RK3066 processor:
- Treq Turbo
- Klastor UG802
- Cube U30GT
- Icoo D70
- Aoson M19
- Aoson M11
- Pipo Max M1
- Pipo S1
- Chuwi V99
- NATPC Ultimate
- and probably many more to come
Now let's start the rooting process instruction for ROKCHIP RK30xx devices
How to Rooting Android (tablet) ROKCHIP RK30xx:
- Download Moborobo Moborobo-download. It's free and serves as a good device manager for your android. Anyway, the main purpose on having Moborobo is to get a driver for our device and to detect it's connection to the PC.
- Download SuperOneClick - Short Fuse (a modified SuperOneClick) here SuperOneClick-Download
- Install and start the Moborobo
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your Android (Settings -> Developer Options)
- Connect your Android device to a PC using a default (original) data cable which came with your device package
- Wait Moborobo to detect your android. Don't worry if it stops at the 100% when installing drivers. If you didn't see any installing process then unplug and re-plug your android device. Do not turn off Moborobo afterward.
- Extract SuperOneClick (eg to the desktop)
- Run SuperOneClick.exe. If there are warnings like "your android driver is not installed" or "would you like to force install adb drivers" or asked if you want to install a driver from "untrusted source" or other things like those ones, just click yes. For those who already installed an official driver will probably not see any warning whatsoever.
- Click the Root button
The rooting process should only take a few seconds. If anything goes wrong or nothing happened just stop SuperOneClick and Moborobo. Unplug your device. Re-install the Moborobo. And also, it is really necessary to have an internet connection while doing this process since Moborobo can download a necessary driver for your device. You probably won't get one but don't worry, follow more steps below.
Update: This is for people who still don't have a proper root access after rooting or people who don't have a factory default android device driver.
- Let's try Zhuodashi. Download ZhuoDaShi-2.2.9, Install it and run afterward. This software is in Chinese. You need to guess a thing or two, but the most important thing now is that you are able to install it. You will be prompted to install the software into a folder (C ://ProgramFiles/... blah blah blah) if you click the right install button. It should not difficult to guess at all. Just try it.
- Once Zhuodashi is installed, open it. Moborobo need to be alive all the time to detect your android device presence. Run SuperOneClick to force install the adb drivers. Now the final action is what Zhuodashi can do. Connect our device, Zhudashi will detect it and will display the name the lower part of the software. You probably won't see your android device's real name but let it be.
- Look for a red icon with a screwdriver and a wrench. Wait for a new page to load, now look on the 2nd line for a Root button or two. Click on the blue android icon (not the pirate one). A confirmation about rooting will pop up, i don't understand chinese too but i can guess it asks for your permission to root your device. Click the Rooting confirmation button on the bottom right. Wait until the process is complete approx 1-2 minutes.
That's it. Your device should get a proper root access now. You can always install a root checker app on Google's Play Store. Please leave a comment and share your experience in comment section below.
Rooting your android device is your responsibility alone. I will not take any responsibility whatsoever if anything goes wrong. Just do the instruction carefully. I have tested the method but there's no guarantee it will work for all devices. And one more thing, don't get panic too easily.